In line with its strategy to build capacity for digital health leaders in Asia, the Asia eHealth Information Network (AeHIN), with support from Patrick J. McGovern Foundation and USAID, is offering a blended training for Digital Health: Planning National Systems from 19th Sept 2022 – 5th Dec 2022 (total of 11 weeks). The training will require a commitment of the participants for about 3-4 hours per week. This course will be conducted by TechChange, and requires high engagement and well-preparedness from the participants. We will recruit a maximum of 100 participants to join this training.
The course, Digital Health: Planning National Systems, is designed to train the digital health leaders of today to transform the digital health landscape for tomorrow.
The curriculum has been developed by USAID, Digital Square, TechChange, and Last Mile Health and is based on content compiled by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the International Telecommunications Union (ITU). It features critical technical concepts, existing best practices, and pragmatic methods, all framed according to the national planning cycle that Ministry of Health officials manage.
- Module 1: Introduction to Digital Health
- Module 2: Health Systems and Digital Health Interventions
- Module 3: Digital Health National Strategy
- Module 4: Digital Health Enterprise Planning Approach
- Module 5: Digital Health Platform Implementation
- Module 6: Digital Health Intervention Implementation
- Module 7: Costing & Procurement
- Module 8: Digital Health Governance, Policy, Regulation, & Workforce
- Module 9: The Future of Digital Health
The course will be delivered in a blended mode (self-paced plus live activity session) over 11 weeks (a kick off week, one module per week, and a final Capstone Project week). Each module includes approximately 60-90 minutes of self-paced learning and 90 minutes of live activity per week.
WHO ARE ELIGIBLE?
This course is designed to empower those engaging with digital health, including ministry leadership, health practitioners, health coordinators and planners, health programme coordinators, digital health implementers, and others who utilize digital tools to access health information. We welcome all who work in the academia, private sectors, government/public sector, and NGOs.
- Must be an AeHIN member (subscribed to the AeHIN mailing list. Not a member? Join here)
- Residing in WHO regions of South-East Asia and Western Pacific (refer list of countries here)
- Anyone interested in learning more about digital health in planning national strategies
- Able to commit for the entire course (11 weeks) and complete the course with a capstone project
- Eligible applicants must fill in their application form through this link on or before August 26, 2022 (5:00 PM MANILA TIME).
- Applications will be reviewed by the AeHIN Governing Committee and Working Council. Selection will be based on fair distribution based on countries and the working sector.
- Applicants will be notified of their status via email.
- The selected applicants will receive further information regarding the Digital Health: Planning National System course via email.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A copy of the program brochure may viewed below or downloaded here.