Asia eHealth Information Network (AeHIN) in partnership with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Critical Data, and with support from the Patrick J. McGovern Foundation, is releasing this call for country teams to join its mentorship program in data science.
As part of AeHIN’s vision of a regional network of competent digital health professionals, AeHIN will support the training of its successful country teams in MIT Critical Data’s Collaborative Data Science for Healthcare certification course.
This opportunity is open to all AeHIN members (subscribed to the mailing list).
The number of final recipients will be subjected to fund availability.
WHO ARE ELIGIBLE COUNTRY TEAMS?
- Country team composition: minimum of two participants (at least one clinician + at least one IT professional who is proficient in R, Python, and SQL ); maximum of five participants
- Each team should have a designated team leader
- Each team member must be an AeHIN Member (subscribed to the AeHIN mailing list. Not a member? Join here)
- Each team member must be of Asian nationality
- Each team member is currently employed in the government, academe, or NGO in his/her home country
- Eligible country teams must fill in their application form through this link on or before November 15, 2020 (5:00 PM MANILA TIME).
- Country teams will be reviewed by designated AeHIN Working Council member/s.
- Country teams will be notified of their status.
- If approved, successful country teams shall complete the MIT Critical Data course ON OR BEFORE 30 JANUARY 2021. Country teams are expected to enroll and complete the course on their own via EDX. Support will be given by AeHIN on a reimbursement basis.
- After completing the MIT Critical Data course via EDX ON OR BEFORE 30 JANUARY 2021, each team should submit a copy of ALL their members’ (1) certificate of course completion and (2) proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org to commence the reimbursement process. Team members who are not able to send the certificate and proof of payment within the specified timeframe may not be reimbursed.
- Upon receipt of the certificate and proof of payment, each team member from successful country teams will be reimbursed via wire transfer. No other costs will be reimbursed to the team member.
For questions, please email email@example.com